UTIs are one of the most common health problems, affecting millions of women in the US and UK. Seeking UTI relief is of prime importance when you are in pain.
Bloating is the most common symptom of a urinary tract infection (UTI) and can be uncomfortable, embarrassing, and even painful.
Bloating is an unpleasant side effect that comes with UTIs. It’s often the first sign you have a UTI going on in your bladder or kidneys. If you’re suffering from this symptom it might feel like there’s no relief in sight.
But don’t worry! We’ve got some tips for how to get rid of bloating fast so you can go back to living life without feeling weighed down by your own body.
You need relief from bloating now! Here are our top 10 ways to relieve UTI bloat as soon as possible…
1) Drink lots of water – Drinking plenty of fluids helps flush out bacteria from your system and keep everything running smoothly throughout your entire body including your digestive tract where food digestion begins before it makes its way through the intestines into the colon. Remember, UTIs are caused by bacteria so you want to flush them out of your system ASAP.
2) Look at the ingredients on the food labels – Make sure you’re not eating anything with high fructose corn syrup or MSG which are both chemicals known to cause water retention in the body. *Avoiding carbonated beverages is always a good idea as well.
3) Eat foods that are high in electrolytes – Electrolytes carry important nutrients such as potassium and magnesium into cells and help your body release fluids that can lead to bloating. They also help reduce muscle aches and fatigue that may accompany a UTI. Sip on some coconut water or eat foods like bananas, avocados, leafy green veggies, and fish with omega-3s.
4) Inhale – Exhaling deeply can help push out post-nasal drip from your lungs which can lead to a stuffy nose and chest congestion. This is another cause of bloating so deep breathing for a few minutes a day can be helpful in getting rid of irritants that cause you to bloat.
5) Get acupuncture – Acupuncture is known for relieving tension which can help your body release toxins and heal itself. Schedule an acupuncture session with a certified acupuncturist today.
6) Take activated charcoal – Taking activated charcoal is one of the fastest ways to get rid of bloating because it acts like a magnet, drawing toxins out of the gut and into the digestive tract and then carrying them out of the body.
7) Exercise – Exercise increases blood flow which can help your muscles release excess fluids that might otherwise build up in the tissues causing you to look bloated. For even better results, do a combination of this tip with tip number six.
8) Take herbs – Herbal supplements such as cornsilk and uva ursi are extremely helpful for relieving the uncomfortable symptoms that come with UTIs including bloating. These herbs help flush your system so you can feel better fast!
9) Take a new probiotic – Taking a quality probiotic daily will help balance the good and bad bacteria in your system. It’s important to repopulate good microbes so they can fight off harmful pathogens on the job. This will help ward off UTIs from coming back too!
10) Reduce coffee consumption – Caffeine is known for causing bloating so cutting down your coffee intake can help reduce the bloat. Avoid decaf as well because it still contains caffeine!
How to get UTI relief from bloating
If you find yourself with a UTI and experiencing bloating, try these tips to relieve the discomfort. UTIs are an irritating problem. They can cause uncomfortable symptoms, and they recur all too frequently.
When you feel the UTI coming on, take steps to stop it before it gets started. You’ll get relief from your discomfort, and help prevent another urinary tract infection in the future.
We hope you find relief from this common UTI symptom today and get back to living life again soon.
A quick reminder ..
Probiotics.tips aim to provide the most up-to-date information, help, and advice for YOU to make informed decisions. If you are unsure or uncertain and require more clarity, please reach out to us and we will gladly come back and advise you as best we can.