It’s no secret that probiotics are good for you, but did you know they can also be beneficial for your children? And specifically your child’s immunity?
Probiotics offer a variety of health benefits for both children and adults, but most people don’t know about them.
By giving your child a probiotic supplement every day, you can help support their immune system, digestion, and overall wellbeing. Probiotics are a safe and natural way to keep your kids healthy this winter.
What are probiotics and how do they work to support immunity
Probiotics are live microorganisms, typically bacteria, that are consumed in order to maintain or improve the health of the gastrointestinal tract. Probiotics are thought to work by maintaining the balance of good and bad bacteria in the gut, which is important for a child’s immunity.
In addition, they may help to reduce inflammation and fight infections. While more research is needed to confirm the exact benefits of probiotics, there is evidence that they can play a role in supporting a child’s immunity.
They work by helping to crowd out harmful bacteria and preventing their growth. In addition, probiotics produce short-chain fatty acids that have been shown to boost immunity. Therefore, including probiotics in your child’s diet may help to support their overall health and immunity.
The benefits of probiotics for children
Probiotics are live microorganisms that are similar to the bacteria already found in a child’s gastrointestinal tract. When taken in adequate amounts, probiotics can confer a number of health benefits, including strengthening a child’s immunity.
The human gastrointestinal tract is home to a complex and diverse ecosystem of microorganisms, many of which are essential for good health. These so-called “friendly” bacteria, or probiotics, play an important role in child development, helping to support the child’s immune system and protect against infections.
Research has shown that probiotic supplementation can help to reduce the incidence of respiratory infections, as well as the duration and severity of diarrhea episodes in children. In addition, probiotics have been shown to improve symptoms of allergies and eczema.
As such, they can be an important part of a child’s overall healthcare regimen. While probiotics are generally safe and well-tolerated, it is important to speak with a child’s healthcare provider before starting any supplement regimen.
How to choose a good probiotic supplement for your child
As parents, we want to do everything we can to keep our children healthy. One way to do that is to make sure they are taking a good probiotic supplement. Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that help to keep the gut and digestive system healthy.
They can also help to boost a child’s immunity. When choosing a probiotic supplement for your child, it is important to look for one that contains live and active cultures.
You should also look for a supplement that is specific for children and that contains the right mix of bacteria strains for your child’s needs.
- DOCTOR FORMULATED IMMUNE SUPPORT FOR KIDS: Supports immune system and digestive health with 5 billion CFU and 14 probiotic strains, prebiotics and Whole Food vitamins C and D, all in one yummy chewable tablet that is gluten free, dairy free and soy free
- GLUTEN-FREE DIGESTION SUPPORT: This 5 Billion CFU once daily probiotic supplement contains Lactobacillus acidophilus, gasseri, paracasei, and plantarum as well as Bifidobacterium (Bifidobacteria) lactis, breve, infantis, and bifidum for digestive health
- WHOLE FOOD VITAMINS FOR KIDS: One-a-day Tasty Organic Berry Cherry flavor chewable probiotics for kids contain 30mg of Whole Food Vitamin C from Organic Amla Berry plus 400 IU of Whole Food Vitamin D, for added immune support—with no added sugar
- PROBIOTIC POTENCY GUARANTEED THROUGH EXPIRATION: We begin with high levels of probiotics to ensure viability, even if the product is warm for a few days during shipment—especially during summer or in warmer climates; Shelf stable, no need to refrigerate
- PREBIOTIC SUPPLEMENT: This prebiotic supplement contains Organic Acacia fiber and whole Cranberry—prebiotics which help good bacteria in the gut thrive; Dr. Formulated Probiotics for Kids is certified Organic, Non-GMO and Gluten Free and Vegetarian
- PROBIOTICS FOR KIDS - From the #1 Pediatrician Recommended Probiotic Brand, Culturelle Kids helps your child’s digestive tract to work better and support a healthy immune system when taken regularly
- Product Note: Exposure to heat or sunlight may lead to melting/damage of product. Hence customers are expected to be available during the product delivery
- EASY FOR YOUR LITTLE ONES TO TAKE - Chew 1 naturally berry flavored tablet daily to support immune and digestive health. Best for toddlers and children ages 3+ Free of gluten, dairy, lactose, milk, added colors, preservatives, yeast and soy.Egg free
- HAPPY TUMMIES, HEALTHY KIDS, RELAXED PARENTS. Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG (LGG) - the key ingredient in Culturelle Kids Daily Probiotic Chewables - is clinically proven to help reduce occasional tummy troubles, including diarrhea and occasional digestive upset
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE - Not all probiotics for kids are created equal. Pick Culturelle Kids Chewables, exclusively powered by LGG, the Proven Effective Probiotic.
- Packaging May Vary.
- GREAT TASTING NATURAL BERRY BLAST FLAVOR: Culturelle Kids Daily Probiotic Gummies are Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free▲, Vegan and Non-GMO. They are free from caffeine and stimulants.
- HELPS TO KEEP YOUR KIDS HEALTHY*: Culturelle Kids Daily Probiotic Gummies contain 1.5 billion CFUs of good bacteria. Containing clinically studied probiotic strains, Culturelle Kids Daily Probiotic Gummies support a good bacterial balance in your child’s tummy, which help to keep them healthy*.
- FROM THE #1 PEDIATRICIAN RECOMMENDED PROBIOTIC BRAND ϕ, Culturelle Kids Daily Probiotic Gummies contain a probiotic strain selected for its efficacy. Culturelle stands for quality and taking Culturelle daily helps to support your child’s lifelong health*.
- SUPPORTS A HEALTHY MICROBIOME*: Your child’s microbiome is essential to their overall health. The bacteria that live in the gut microbiome is linked to digestive health, cognition, mood, and the immune system. Culturelle Kids Daily Probiotic Gummies are formulated to support a healthy microbiome*.
Tips for ensuring your child gets the most out of their probiotics
Probiotics are live bacteria that are believed to have health benefits when consumed. They can be found in foods like yogurt and sauerkraut, or they can be taken as a supplement. Some research has shown that probiotics can help to boost a child’s immunity, so they may be worth considering if your child is prone to getting sick.
However, it’s important to know that not all probiotics are created equal. Here are a few tips to ensure your child gets the most out of their probiotics:
- Look for a product that contains live and active cultures.
- Be sure to give your child the recommended dose. More is not always better when it comes to probiotics.
- Choose a product that has been tested for safety and efficacy.
- Probiotics are best taken with food. Consider adding them to your child’s breakfast or snack time routine.
By following these tips, you can help ensure your child gets the most benefit from probiotics.
How Probiotics Help Support Your Child’s Immunity
With the onset of the darker months and spending more time indoors, it’s inevitable that more germs and bugs will be transmissible to your child and bring on the inevitable coughs and colds.
So being better prepared by including the use of probiotics within your child’s diet will help them and their immunity to combat any illnesses.
Supporting your child’s immune system as they grow will serve them well for years to come.
A quick reminder ..
Probiotics.tips aim to provide the most up-to-date information, help, and advice for YOU to make informed decisions. If you are unsure or uncertain and require more clarity, please reach out to us and we will gladly come back and advise you as best we can.