Menopause is a natural process in which the female body stops producing eggs and estrogen. This change can cause symptoms like hot flashes, mood swings, and vaginal dryness. For some people these changes are easy to deal with; for others, they may be tough.
In this blog, we look at how probiotics help with menopause and provide some relief for mature women going through menopause and the symptoms it entails.
If you’re experiencing menopausal symptoms that affect your quality of life, there is hope! There are many natural remedies for menopause such as hormone therapy or dietary supplements such as probiotics.
Probiotics help balance bacteria in the gut by adding more good bacteria while reducing bad bacteria that might have accumulated due to stress or illness.
As probiotics work through your gastrointestinal tract it’s possible they can also influence hormonal activity throughout the whole body including affecting how well hormones travel from one part of your body to another.
- Once Daily Probiotics for Women: Our probiotic is designed specifically for feminine health & overall digestive health. 6 diverse strains (50B CFU), D-Mannose, Pro-Cran, & organic prebiotics provide you with the feminine support you deserve.
- A True Women's Probiotic: Our probiotic contains 6 Targeted strains & organic prebiotics - synergistically working together to support gut health. Expertly crafted to support urinary tract health, occasional constipation, diarrhea, gas & bloating!
- Survives the Gut: From start to finish - this probiotic is designed to survive the gut & maximize the colonization of our strains. We use a shelf-stable bottle, acid-resistant capsules, and 50 Billion Colony forming units (CFU) to achieve this!
- Backed By Science - Our probiotics are crafted based on scientific research. We have partnered with a network of expert physicians to help review our products & research. We strive to educate & help you with informed decisions regarding your health.
- Safety Assured Standard of Quality: Our womens probiotic is 3rd-party tested for purity and potency. Each bottle is manufactured with love & care in the USA with strict quality control - using imported and domestic ingredients.
Do probiotics help with menopause symptoms?
Studies have shown that bacterial flora in the gut can influence brain chemistry, mood, and behavior. So it’s not surprising that the microbiome may affect menopausal symptoms.
A new study finds that women with high levels of lactobacillus species had improved scores for hot flashes, depression, and anxiety compared to those who didn’t consume as many probiotics.
More research is needed before doctors can make specific recommendations about how much bacteria people should take or what types are best for different conditions. But if you’re looking for ways to improve your health during this time of life, eating more fermented foods like yogurt or taking a daily probiotic supplement might be worth considering.
When a woman reaches the age of menopause, her body is no longer producing enough estrogen to regulate her menstrual cycle. This can lead to symptoms such as hot flashes and mood swings, among other things.
In order to alleviate these symptoms, there are several methods that have been shown in clinical studies to be effective including hormone therapy with estrogen or progestin and/or different types of medications. One newer approach is taking probiotics for menopause relief because they have been shown in some studies to decrease the severity of these symptoms by changing gut bacteria composition.
However, more research needs to be done on this topic before any conclusion can be drawn about whether it is an effective treatment option for menopausal women who suffer from severe symptoms.
Do probiotics help with menopause bloating?
Generally, the symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes and night sweats are well-known. However, women may also experience bloating at this time. It is thought that this is due to a decrease in estrogen levels which can cause changes in bowel movements and make you feel bloated. Other common symptoms of menopause include weight gain, mood changes, and loss of sex drive.
There have been a few studies on the use of probiotics for menopause symptom relief including a study in 2012 that tested the effects of Bifidobacterium longum 1714 on women with menopausal symptoms. This study showed a significant decrease in discomfort and bloating. However, there have not been any other studies on this topic.
This study provides even stronger evidence that probiotics may help with menopause.
- MENOPAUSE RELIEF FOR ALL - Happy V Menopause is a vegan friendly herbal supplement designed to balance hormones and give you relief from perimenopause, menopause, and post-menopause symptoms.
- HAPPY V MENOPAUSE SUPPLEMENT EFFECTIVELY RELIEVES UP TO 12 MENOPAUSE SYMPTOMS: hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, low energy, weight gain, stress, irritability, joint aches, sleeplessness, headaches, and more.*
- NATURALLY RESTORES HORMONAL BALANCE: Happy V Menopause is a natural, estrogen-free, soy-free and filled with clinically proven ingredients at their clinically proven dosages that effectively address the root causes behind menopause symptoms
- CLINICALLY PROVEN INGREDIENTS: The ingredients in Happy V Menopause include three clinically proven probiotics for balancing vaginal pH, HMRLignan Norway Spruce for Naturally Improving metabolism, and Sensoril for hot flashes, night sweats and improving energy. The ingredients are clinically proven to show results between 30-90 days
- CLINICALLY TESTED TO BE SAFE EFFECTIVE: Our ingredients have shown no adverse side effects in their studies. We also have an open-label so you know what's inside, no proprietary blends.
Are there any side effects associated with taking probiotics for menopause relief
There are many different types of probiotics available on the market, and they are often marketed as a way to relieve menopause symptoms. But does this hold true? Are there any side effects associated with taking probiotics for menopause relief?
Probiotics are generally safe for most people, although they can cause side effects. Temporary gas, bloating, constipation, and thirst are the most prevalent adverse effects.
However, there are many studies showing that the alternative side effects are better managed with probiotics than without. As always it is best to consult with your doctor and be prepared to experiment with different strains and doses of probiotics to find what works best for you.
Probiotic supplements are well-known for their benefits to the digestive system, but many people don’t know that they could also help relieve some of the uncomfortable side effects of menopause.
Studies have shown that taking a daily dose of probiotics can reduce hot flashes and night sweats by regulating hormones in your body. It’s important to find high-quality probiotics though because not all contain enough live bacteria to be effective.
Unfortunately, you will need to consult with your primary care physician before starting any new supplement regimen. If you’re interested in learning more about how probiotics might affect your specific symptoms, ask them if they would be willing to prescribe you an individualized course of treatment based on your needs.
A quick reminder ..
Probiotics.tips aim to provide the most up-to-date information, help, and advice for YOU to make informed decisions. If you are unsure or uncertain and require more clarity, please reach out to us and we will gladly come back and advise you as best we can.
The best means to reach us is via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form on our Contact Us page – click here.